St Neots Museum is located in a former police station and law court at 8 New Street and is only one minute walk from the high street.
Parking and transport
Pay and display car parks are close by in the market square, Tebbutts Road and Waitrose car park. The nearest bus stop is also in the market square and the railway station, which is on the East Coast mainline, is one mile away and has a bus stop and a taxi rank.
Tuesday to Saturday 11am to 4pm We are closed on Sundays and Mondays, except for pre-booked groups.
We close the Museum in January for an annual spring clean and re-open on the first Tuesday in February. Please ensure you check opening times by telephoning the museum on 01480 214163 before you leave home, particularly during Easter and Christmas holiday periods, to ensure we are open.
Entry is free for local residents* and Friends of the Museum. Standard prices are adults £5, seniors and concessions £4 and children £2. We also offer free entry to all families who pay for a drop-in family workshop.
*All visitors who live in one of the local parishes that make a small contribution to the museum’s running costs are entitled to free entry to the museum. This covers St Neots, including Eynesbury and the Eatons, Buckden, Chawston with Colesden and Wyboston, Eltisley, Great Paxton, Great Staughton, Hail Weston, Kimbolton, Little Gransden, Little Paxton, Offord Darcy and Offord Cluny, Roxton, Southoe and Midloe, Toseland, Waresley and Tetworth.
We have a ramp and level access to the ground floor, a stair lift with a wheelchair available on the first floor and a disabled toilet. No dogs except guide and hearing dogs.
- The museum shop sells local history books, St Neots souvenirs, locally made crafts, toys and gifts. All major credit cards are accepted on purchases over £10.
- Pre-booked groups welcomed
- Guided tours available by arrangement
- Education Officer led workshops by arrangement
- Reminiscence sessions available by arrangement
- School loans boxes, photo packs and reminiscence boxes available for hire
- The full programme of events and temporary exhibitions throughout the year
- Volunteering opportunities available
- Friends of the Museum Membership Scheme
Children and families
- Family-friendly displays with hands-on activities
- Trails and family activity sessions during school holidays