Friends of the museum
St Neots Museum is largely run by a friendly and dedicated group of volunteers, with the part-time curator and Learning and Access Officer organising the management of the collections and the learning activities.
The success of the museum over the last 20 years has been achieved through the hard work and commitment of the Friends, staff and volunteers working together with our many local benefactors.
To secure the future of St Neots Museum we need to grow and develop and we need more Friends to help us achieve our aims.
How do the Friends help
The Friends support and take an active role in the Museum, both raising funds and providing volunteer staff for a wide range of duties, from welcoming visitors to cataloguing objects to maintenance. The Friends also attend many local fetes and festivals.
How to join
If you’d like to support our work and ensure the future of St Neots Museum please join the Friends and help us raise the funds we need to remain open and to develop.
The Friends aims are to:
- provide funding to support St Neots Museum
- recruit and support museum volunteers
- act as advocates for the museum, and
- encourage the preservation of the heritage of St Neots and the surrounding area.
What are the benefits
By becoming a Friend of the Museum you will be supporting the museum and in return, you will receive
- free entry to the museum for yourself and your family and guests
- invitations to all special events
- reduced ticket price for all talks and events
- half price entry to all family activities, and
- a twice-yearly newsletter updating you on what the museum has been doing.